Full BPIF membership is required to take part in the elections. For those who have not yet registered as full members of the BPIF section, please do so and then vote.
The mandate of three members of the BP&IF Board (see the Board’s composition here) is ending this year and, according to the section’s statutes, elections are now organized. They are conducted by an Election Committee consisting of three former members of the BPIF Board: V. Tikhonchuk (France), J. Honrubia (Spain) and J. Meyer-ter-Vehn (Germany).
Ten candidates (see list below per alphabetic order) have been nominated by the Plasma Physics community and validated by the Election Committee.
- Andrey Brantov, P.N. Lebedev Physics Institute (Russia)
- Fabrizio Consoli, ENEA (Italy)
- Sylvie Depierreux, CEA/DIF (France)
- Laurent Gremillet, CEA/DIF (France)
- Thomas Grismayer, IST, IPFN (Portugal)
- Malte Kaluza, Institute of Optics and Quantum Electronics, Friedrich-Schiller-University (Germany)
- Vasyl Maslov, NSC Kharkov Institute of Physics and Technology (Ukraine)
- Francisco Suzuki-Vidal, Imperial College London (UK)
- Toshiki Tajima, UC Irvine (USA)
- Justin Wark, University of Oxford (UK)
Elections are open from February 12 to March 12, 2020 here.
Results of the elections will be announced in March 2020. The newly elected board will convene in the next EPS/PPD Conference in Sitges, Spain, June 22 – 26, 2020.
M. Fajardo, BPIF chairperson
V. Tikhonchuk, President of the Election Committee