This is the home page of the Plasma Physics Division of the European Physical Society.
- The 46th European Physical Society Conference on Plasma Physics will be organized in Milan (Italy) 8-12 July 2019 by a collaboration between the University of Milan-Bicocca and the Institute of Plasma Physics “Piero Caldirola” (IFP). More information on the conference website.
- Call for nominations for the 2019 Dendy Europe-Asia Pacific Award for Outstanding Research Collaboration in Plasma Physics. Deadline: January 18th, 2019. More.
- The 2018 APS-EPS Landau-Spitzer award has been awarded! Go to the dedicated page to learn about the recipients.
- Petra Rudolf (U. Groningen) is the next EPS President-elect. More information here.
- The 45th EPS conference on Plasma Physics was successfully held in Prague (Czech Republic) 2-6 July 2018, with about 850 registered participants. It was the opportunity to congratulate the winners of the first PPCF Dendy Europe-Asia Pacific Award : Dr Hajime Urano (National Institutes for Quantum Radiological Science and Technology, Japan), Dr Costanza Maggi (CCFE, UK), Prof. Ohjin Kwon (Daegu University, Republic of Korea) and Dr Samuli Saarelma (CCFE, UK). More information here.
- Mentoring scheme for Women in Physics: for more information, click here.
Objectives of the Plasma Physics Division
- to unite European scientists interested in the physics of fully and partially ionized gases
- to promote research and teaching in plasma physics and its applications, to facilitate research collaboration and to represent European physicists outside Europe
- to coordinate activities with the other physical societies, such as the American Physical Society and the Physical Society of Japan
- to collaborate on the Editorial Board of Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion.
To be kept informed