This is the home page of the Plasma Physics Division of the European Physical Society.
- Election to renew the Board of the BPIF section: vote before 28 FEBRUARY 2017 here
- The 45th EPS conference on Plasma Physics will be held in Prague (Czech Republic) 2-6 July 2018.
- The 2018 Hannes Alfven Prize is attributed to Prof. Tony Bell (Oxford University) for “seminal contributions covering cosmic ray acceleration by shocks, magnetic field amplification by cosmic rays, flux limited electron transport, generation of magnetic field by laser‑produced energetic electrons, collimation of electron beams for inertial fusion, prolific production of electron‑positron pairs”. More information here.
- Mentoring scheme for Women in Physics: for more information, click here.
Objectives of the Plasma Physics Division
- to unite European scientists interested in the physics of fully and partially ionized gases
- to promote research and teaching in plasma physics and its applications, to facilitate research collaboration and to represent European physicists outside Europe
- to coordinate activities with the other physical societies, such as the American Physical Society and the Physical Society of Japan
- to collaborate on the Editorial Board of Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion.