This is the home page of the Plasma Physics Division of the European Physical Society.
- 44th EPS conference on Plasma Physics to be held in Belfast, 26-30 June 2017More information on the conference website.
Nominations for plenary and invited speakers can be submitted till the 1st of November, 2016, here.
- Call for nomination for the 2017 EPS Hannes Alfvén Prize open!
Deadline for nominations: 4 November 2016. More information here.
- Call for nomination for the 2017 PhD Research award open!
Deadline for nominations: 4 December 2016. More information here.
- Mentoring scheme for Women in Physics launched: for more information, click here.
- Election for the Board of the EPS Plasma Physics Division: results are issued
Objectives of the Plasma Physics Division
- to unite European scientists interested in the physics of fully and partially ionized gases
- to promote research and teaching in plasma physics and its applications, to facilitate research collaboration and to represent European physicists outside Europe
- to coordinate activities with the other physical societies, such as the American Physical Society and the Physical Society of Japan
- to collaborate on the Editorial Board of Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion.